Wednesday, November 25, 2015

Bowie was my first map to shadow, eros, and beyond-gender

On Wed, Nov 25, 2015 at 1:58 PM, Sabrina Dalla Valle <winter.night.18@gmail.com> wrote:
this is a lens onto our cutting edge turn of the 21st century
but be prepared...


amber v. dipietra amberdipietra@gmail.com

5:22 PM (8 minutes ago)
to Sabrina
It's funny--it feels comforting and compelling to me in a a way, perhaps in contrast to the scarier associations I have with Bowie. The fear I had, at age 6, upon seeing him in Labyrinth--that I would never approach the eros and allure he signified in that movie, and how at age 6, i could feel and want it so badly. Also, two dear gorgeous male friends with whom I shared a love of Bowie. Seeing one friend in the despair of meth addiction and the other friend, now dead to a heroin overdose. I don't know--Bowie...he's my dark prince, I'll follow him anywhere.

on Twitter

, where this blog lives now. because it can be read and posted to through that app, one-handed, on my back, by a body of water, or in the cool olive green light above my mattress. This is articulation my spine had not dreamed of before.

My blog lived on Tumblr for a minute

because it is so much easier to access from my phone. fallinginrealtime.tumblr This is the feed. No, I don't like it. I can't add another virtual box. I'll make due with Twitter.

Real Time Archive