Wednesday, March 6, 2013

The Next Big Thing thread

Bhanu passed this on to me. I tried to figure out where it lives, but got lost reading Mg Roberts, Jai Arun Ravine, and lovely replies by others. Google them to see theirs..

* * *

"The Next Big Thing! as you may know is a multi-branching dna strand of poets twisting and tagging each other in the cybersphere about their digital and actual words as books  or chaps, perhaps bound projects. It was spawned by Carol Mirakove."

The Next Big Thing questions:

What is the working title of the book?  falling in real time [or, fossil record; a faux memoir]

Where did the idea come from for the book? trying to be in my body, work with chronic materials, extract from the ambient, everyday, make writing run parallel to the falty body and the floatyness of the present

What genre does your book fall under? life writing experiment, a bloated day book, a way to work with song as that which repeats in thought, transliterated photo collage

What actors would you choose to play the part of your characters in a movie rendition? lena dunham meets janet frame meets annie sprinkle meets bonanaza jelly bean meets...um, i don;t know, i am bad with actors.

What is the one sentence synopsis of your book? a stiff-backed journals seeks to be a singing throat or a manatee.


How long did it take you to write the first draft of the manuscript? it is five manuscripts from the last ten years now enfolded into one.

Who or what inspired you to write this book? the end of the road, a surrender to process

What else about your book might pique the reader’s interest? maybe it is just a primer, to find the body on the age and extract the most sensate moments from a day

Will your book be self-published or represented by an agency? maybe my blog, maybe my truffle pig will read it in my journal years from now?

Okay.  I tag:
Michelle Puckett, Melanie Westerberg, Alexis Brayton, Val Witte, Denise Leto

on Twitter

, where this blog lives now. because it can be read and posted to through that app, one-handed, on my back, by a body of water, or in the cool olive green light above my mattress. This is articulation my spine had not dreamed of before.

My blog lived on Tumblr for a minute

because it is so much easier to access from my phone. fallinginrealtime.tumblr This is the feed. No, I don't like it. I can't add another virtual box. I'll make due with Twitter.

Real Time Archive