Monday, February 15, 2010

Orbitouch and Datahand

I have been on the search for new ways to type. It would change my life--the exacting, limting equation between time I spend typing, creative works and work-works I accomplish, and the toll it takes on my body.

K. showed me these two options. I already use an onscreen keyboard with a touch screen, but I am very slow at it, so it makes it difficult to sue when I I want to get something done fast or am ina hurry to meet deadlines at work.

Orbitouch seems a bit cumbersome, but perhaps more intuitive than an on screen keyboard witha touch screen, because it does not require vision (at least i think it doesn't...would have to ask some friends to test it...



Datahand is more old school, circa 1995. However, it may be easier to adjust to than the Orbitouch. It requires less shoulder motion, but does require that you have all ten fingers. Curiously, it costs a lot--more than an OSK and touch screen, which seems weird. K. says it is simply because supply and demand is low--marketing never overcame the leanring curve and reached the right consumers.

on Twitter

, where this blog lives now. because it can be read and posted to through that app, one-handed, on my back, by a body of water, or in the cool olive green light above my mattress. This is articulation my spine had not dreamed of before.

My blog lived on Tumblr for a minute

because it is so much easier to access from my phone. fallinginrealtime.tumblr This is the feed. No, I don't like it. I can't add another virtual box. I'll make due with Twitter.

Real Time Archive