Tuesday, April 23, 2013

esos Wesos

Excerpt from email to Melanie Westerberg:


Yeah, the old name for it really was Cayo Hueso (Shakira has a beautiful line about her huesos--from when she was still more Alanis than Brittney), but the funny thing is, Latinos in FL, like my family, THINK, that this in the espnagles for Key West because, some people will say Weso instead of West or Oeste, as in the proper Spanish. Kind of like the way my abuela and my abuelo get shortened to Weli and Welo. But actually, that is not a good example...But, hilariously enough, when you googl Cayo Weso--the Wikipedia for Key West pops up at the top.

Process of excavating foundational vernacular--to push off from the silty bottom of how the talk gets talked and what about, where I come from. so as to make new pomes in a home speech, what M. Sikkena calls (Dusie, Issue 13), "radical vernacular".




A doliath grouper, which I hope, now at this size, is a protected species. I think also, when they grow to the bulk, they taste like rubber tire anyway

on Twitter

, where this blog lives now. because it can be read and posted to through that app, one-handed, on my back, by a body of water, or in the cool olive green light above my mattress. This is articulation my spine had not dreamed of before.

My blog lived on Tumblr for a minute

because it is so much easier to access from my phone. fallinginrealtime.tumblr This is the feed. No, I don't like it. I can't add another virtual box. I'll make due with Twitter.

Real Time Archive