Saturday, April 23, 2011

Pigeon-of-the Day: Belinda the Bag Lady Pigeon



The back of this small hand-painted canvas says "My cart! My cart!" Interestingly, cart is a word my abuelo Angel uses to refer to my mobility scooter. This painting came to my in the mail (along with a tiny cha-cha-cha wooden zumbido frog that my dad found for me at a yard sale). It is a  Spencer Meyers original. Check out his Etsy shop for more bird-headed women, etc.  He is an artist, actor and my stepmom's coworker at the Straz Center for the Performing Arts in Tampa. Dear Spencer, thank you. Belinda and I will be trundling on to my new roof deck in Berkeley soon. (Friends, as I prepare to move across the bay, I am getting rid of stuff--if you need very tiny women's clothing, please let me know...no wait, no, I will contact Jenn to see if My New Red Shoes--an agency which provides clothing for homeless kids--can use them.)

Maggie DiPietra, thank you for curating this P.O.D. art just for me. I love you!


Coming soon: P.O.D. in transit, videos incl.

(Thinking of Bhanu saying a blog post is a sparkly fold out mat a poet can do a little circus on for a minute...)

on Twitter

, where this blog lives now. because it can be read and posted to through that app, one-handed, on my back, by a body of water, or in the cool olive green light above my mattress. This is articulation my spine had not dreamed of before.

My blog lived on Tumblr for a minute

because it is so much easier to access from my phone. fallinginrealtime.tumblr This is the feed. No, I don't like it. I can't add another virtual box. I'll make due with Twitter.

Real Time Archive