Friday, November 12, 2010

P.O.D.not so much as terrified sparrow (o los manos de Melquiades) 11.12.2010


Taking photos while waiting at the top of  the escalator, Market @ New Montgomery. For Write  To Connectors to emerge. Was this bird stricken? Tiny eye, swiveling wildly in its head. My larger eye not six inches away. Iridescent inky blue-green, these common lights. Would it die? Soon-to-be new job in old-old-job neighborhood. Red Cross to Laguna Honda. Now, the hard work, people who have never lived outside of the hospital before. Turned away to watch the metallic steps, leveling again and again with the dirty red tiles. When I looked back, the bird was gone.

terrified sparrow postscript 11.15.10: NPR short fiction contest. The prompt--Everyone said the house was haunted. Michael Cunningham is the judge. Sound bad? No! Winner is a resurrection birdhouse. Translucent hoot owl and strobing peacock!

on Twitter

, where this blog lives now. because it can be read and posted to through that app, one-handed, on my back, by a body of water, or in the cool olive green light above my mattress. This is articulation my spine had not dreamed of before.

My blog lived on Tumblr for a minute

because it is so much easier to access from my phone. fallinginrealtime.tumblr This is the feed. No, I don't like it. I can't add another virtual box. I'll make due with Twitter.

Real Time Archive