Friday, December 12, 2008

Two pieces from Insights


Two pieces from the SF LightHouse's Insights art exhibition. The show ended today. These were some of the touchable things on display.

Michelle Hurdt: River

Mixed Fiber Weaving 16" by 20"






Martha Cowden: The Real Thing
Ceramic, Fiber, Horse Hair



Or the schema grows large and diffuse. It has become large enough for me to walk through nonchalantly barely keeping it in mind. To the general of its airy surround, I cart the particulars. the schema house, hotel room, if need be, represents a lot of work on my part. It is almost as much a construction as the original. and perhaps, sometimes,a good deal more than that. All i can say is that is coheres to its own coherency without wires although it is as contiguous in and of itself as any wire or wiring--and full well as good a conductor. A group of something has agreed to be the house. The organic, as usual, will lend a hand to--I should say that it underwrites--the organic. It is said that the vocabulary of schematic constellations in my condition is about as extensive as extensive as is most people's vocabulary of words.

--Helen Keller or Arakawa, Madeline Gins

on Twitter

, where this blog lives now. because it can be read and posted to through that app, one-handed, on my back, by a body of water, or in the cool olive green light above my mattress. This is articulation my spine had not dreamed of before.

My blog lived on Tumblr for a minute

because it is so much easier to access from my phone. fallinginrealtime.tumblr This is the feed. No, I don't like it. I can't add another virtual box. I'll make due with Twitter.

Real Time Archive