Saturday, September 13, 2008

Cooley at his book party


Skin is the universal language. It will speak the same to everyone. When i was walking through these coastal headlands and the sun shined on my arms and the air moved against me, I knew this is how your arms would have felt if you were here in this light and temperature.

That's how it is spoken. Every hand knows the hammer. Every side knows the blade. This part of the story tells itself.

Some bodies will learna dialect--the numb arm, the phantom limb--pins pusehd agaimst the skin? Can you feel this? this? this?

--from Visit Me in California, Cooley Windsor 2008

on Twitter

, where this blog lives now. because it can be read and posted to through that app, one-handed, on my back, by a body of water, or in the cool olive green light above my mattress. This is articulation my spine had not dreamed of before.

My blog lived on Tumblr for a minute

because it is so much easier to access from my phone. fallinginrealtime.tumblr This is the feed. No, I don't like it. I can't add another virtual box. I'll make due with Twitter.

Real Time Archive