Sunday, June 15, 2008

grey + white with black bits



Kim sent me this video, in honor of National Pigeon Day, which recently passed. (Follow other links at video site to find out more about how kindly New Yorkers, etc, celebrated NPD.) It features pigeonzilla special effects, a tribute to the one-legged Cher Ami, and an interview with a scientist.

"They are amazing vision machines; they are amazing memory machines." says Tufts researcher.

I have been cooped up for the last ten days, trying to hone in/recoup something of my own internal vision machine as I recover from glaucous interventions and my eye slowly, uncertainly, becomes accustomed to its new tube and hopefully reboots. I am still waiting.This post was made possible thanks to extraordinary screen magnification software.

This means a real time sans P.O.D. opps (an actual baseline bed sheets real time time as it were), but oh so thoughtfully, I've got this one--sent to me courtesy of Donna de la Perriere.

on Twitter

, where this blog lives now. because it can be read and posted to through that app, one-handed, on my back, by a body of water, or in the cool olive green light above my mattress. This is articulation my spine had not dreamed of before.

My blog lived on Tumblr for a minute

because it is so much easier to access from my phone. fallinginrealtime.tumblr This is the feed. No, I don't like it. I can't add another virtual box. I'll make due with Twitter.

Real Time Archive