Sunday, February 10, 2008

Studio 360 presents a love story of literary disparity

"This was a good week for us. I sold my novel for 11 million and my poet had a poem published by a noted literary magazine, for which she was paid in the form of an origmai swan made from her recycled submission."

This staged reading for Studio 360 sums up every novel/poet polarization I ever discovered while getting my MFA in Writing. But it renders it as a romantic comedy!

My Poet / My Novelist
What’s it like to practice the same line of work as your spouse? What if you’re both writers, but one is a novelist -- in love with plot and character -- and one is a poet -- obsessed with words? Novelist Naeem Murr wrote about that marriage for the Poetry Foundation. We brought him together with his wife, Averill Curdy, for both sides of the story. Produced by Pejk Malinovski.

Listen to the podcast. http://www.studio360.org/episodes/2008/02/08

1 comment:

KW said...

Did you see that one of the people in the stories this week was named Teresa Walsh?? Weird coincidence.

I will probably post this story on my blog... thanks much!

on Twitter

, where this blog lives now. because it can be read and posted to through that app, one-handed, on my back, by a body of water, or in the cool olive green light above my mattress. This is articulation my spine had not dreamed of before.

My blog lived on Tumblr for a minute

because it is so much easier to access from my phone. fallinginrealtime.tumblr This is the feed. No, I don't like it. I can't add another virtual box. I'll make due with Twitter.

Real Time Archive