Monday, February 18, 2008

Contextual Links (NCF Bay Poetics Class)

http://writing.upenn.edu/bernstein/experiments.html

I was surprised when a few of my student said they had already tried some of these Bernstein experiments. And, serendipitously, another poetry teacher at NCF has scheduled Bernstein to come speak at the school later in the spring; so, although the focus of the class was not about the aesthetic history or context of current bay poetics, this upcoming event made any dialogue about language poetry even more pertinent.

http://jacketmagazine.com/32/sherry-piano.shtml
In which the reviewer talks about “love: as the theme of the first installment of the project. I felt like this was especially useful because it took basic, but huge concept (and a theme that appears in much of student writing) and discusses a language poetry treatment of it.

No comments:

on Twitter

, where this blog lives now. because it can be read and posted to through that app, one-handed, on my back, by a body of water, or in the cool olive green light above my mattress. This is articulation my spine had not dreamed of before.

My blog lived on Tumblr for a minute

because it is so much easier to access from my phone. fallinginrealtime.tumblr This is the feed. No, I don't like it. I can't add another virtual box. I'll make due with Twitter.

Real Time Archive