Sunday, June 3, 2007

Floridicana #19

Over the years, Abuelo worked night shifts at the Flroida Dairy and the local canning co. thsi was after he retunred from the merchnat amrines in the mid 50's. I think, briefly, he mus'tve eanred some money prize-fighting, to the extent that he fought in bars for money after a few scotches and before dominoes. Now, he runs a redneck bar for his best friend Nelson. He gets to the office at 6am, does some papaer work, then opens the package store for the men getting off night shfits much like the ones he had in the past. The actual bar opens around 10am.

Sean has worked, on and off, for Ace Vending--the ciagrette/vending co. his father (my uncle Guy) started. Now he works for the same kind of biz that is being run by another fmaily memebr of ours, since it is often the case that he and his father are not speaking. He also bartends, works as a bouncer, breeds pit bulls (which he keeps in unsued warehouse space at Ace) and gets some money by doing personal training at the gym for people who want to learn how to box.

My brother is a real comedian.

No comments:

on Twitter

, where this blog lives now. because it can be read and posted to through that app, one-handed, on my back, by a body of water, or in the cool olive green light above my mattress. This is articulation my spine had not dreamed of before.

My blog lived on Tumblr for a minute

because it is so much easier to access from my phone. fallinginrealtime.tumblr This is the feed. No, I don't like it. I can't add another virtual box. I'll make due with Twitter.

Real Time Archive