Thursday, February 18, 2016

Sensorium

“She thought him passive, laid-back, and she didn’t remember his poems. In retrospect, she felt he’d used poetry as a launching pad. “Part of the reason poetry gets sneered at as a form so often is because it’s where so many people began,” she says. “Poetry is very often a plan. Like a list. At the beginning of a career, it can be a list of the directions one wants to go.” --Eileen Myles on David Wojnarowic, Cynthia Carr's  “Fire in the Belly.” 





Which explains why I have been so upset with being bored and directed and entranced with my own list for this long.





And, there is always the hope that poetry is a mesh of black and white, A screen through which the air of the ultimate sensorium passes. A grid that will map us back toward the most sensate
.



on Twitter

, where this blog lives now. because it can be read and posted to through that app, one-handed, on my back, by a body of water, or in the cool olive green light above my mattress. This is articulation my spine had not dreamed of before.

My blog lived on Tumblr for a minute

because it is so much easier to access from my phone. fallinginrealtime.tumblr This is the feed. No, I don't like it. I can't add another virtual box. I'll make due with Twitter.

Real Time Archive