Tuesday, June 12, 2012

deseo feroz, verbigracia

Just finished reading Jen Hofer/Libros Antena En las maravillas--or, In wonder. It is a chapbook based on an installation, a triple ekphrasis of surrealist poetry by women in Mexico and the U.S., along with b&w drawings. [My internal tangential translation of the title: if I could just remain there, everything would fall into place, and: remember when lo real maravaillso used to save you?]



There is a photo of the chapbook on Jill Magi's blog at  https://blogger.googleusercontent.com/img/b/R29vZ2xl/AVvXsEiEbXdvXteFeZYTm9e88SzJ7exGipq3XqKGY_ewYH5G158AdGTNUOoC47HGtB5fli6JZE9iqpGiODnkS93TtOC6AoasXMfphyphenhyphenNgeeRVJH8db12jNLwvsPof0vcuwpv0HnbA25m9J4Xa-Fc/s1600/IMG_7908.JPG


I love this by Pura López-Colomé 


contradict
your version,
your selfness
ribcage of a bird
or inoffensive fish
distaff
of fairytale
or your gut in simple spiral,
and the color, a veil that reveals
that you did have feelings
that you have not bee eclipsed,
that you still are.
You are what?



and it goes on to 

Deseo feroz, verbigracia
nota bibilográfica
cuyo revés, no grita, no reza
no recita,
sobrevive cantando
sin voz.

 which I want to leave untranslated.


on Twitter

, where this blog lives now. because it can be read and posted to through that app, one-handed, on my back, by a body of water, or in the cool olive green light above my mattress. This is articulation my spine had not dreamed of before.

My blog lived on Tumblr for a minute

because it is so much easier to access from my phone. fallinginrealtime.tumblr This is the feed. No, I don't like it. I can't add another virtual box. I'll make due with Twitter.

Real Time Archive