Wednesday, August 10, 2011

SFMOMA Jellyfish House: architecture, long term care, paperwork, planning, the inventoried body.

http://blog.sfmoma.org/2011/08/pop-up-poets-amber-dipietra-on-iwamotoscott-architecture/

in which i laid on the floor of the SFMOMA and did filtration, the excess of bodies drying in warehouses, wanting to disintegrate so i could be diffuse and understand how to fill the air around my clients and engage them. medicaid funneling. and lovely friends made it too easy, almost like cheating, there was not pure inertia or the stunnedness of the othered prone body, but there were  actually people. interacting with my limbs. a successful failure. what to do with hat?

Thank you to friends and SFMOMA and Small Press Traffic. You can listen to it, including the silence of the interactive installation (my body which was stand in for the bodies in institutions) above.

Includes text (restorative writing done with) residents at Laguna Honda Hospital--one of the largest institutions (with residents ranging in age from 20 - 90) in the country.

on Twitter

, where this blog lives now. because it can be read and posted to through that app, one-handed, on my back, by a body of water, or in the cool olive green light above my mattress. This is articulation my spine had not dreamed of before.

My blog lived on Tumblr for a minute

because it is so much easier to access from my phone. fallinginrealtime.tumblr This is the feed. No, I don't like it. I can't add another virtual box. I'll make due with Twitter.

Real Time Archive