Saturday, May 1, 2010

"Is gathering a form of poesis

—a form of active making? Nonsite Collective has posed this question to me since I first participated in the collective at its inception."

so Thom Donovan says, in an in-depth post on the Harriet blog about the Nonsite Collective. In writing the post, he gave me a a space to write out/ reflect the pivot point/spacious synergy that came from my involvement with the Collective in the last year....More on that and also accounts from Jocelyn Saidenberg on Chris Nagler, Rob Halpern and others.


And then this weekend, more from Poetics of Healing series--bringing us digital and visual art on burns from Sadie Wilcox and the community movement workshop/disability culture artists Petr Kuppers and Niel Marcus


Sadie fire document: mylar skin, transparent parent, the rubbing to scar and re-web the surface, a black screen with a pale body, alphabeting, the modulated voice of a nurse we will never meet, reading the scrawl on the white chart notes

Silver nitrate, bilateral soaks, re-voiced....


"People who had to inhabit their own bodies before they could come to voice.", says Petra. Explaining how the work on the sofa, over the potluck dish is a process, a membrane of life practice that holds the art practice, so that sitting on the cushions and holding the spoon while telling one's story allows for what comes...in the studio, with these friends and even with the strangers that walk in. Making improvisatory motions and soundings--that go beyond the restrictions not just of personal narrative, but also soften and redistribute hardened tissues in narratives of trauma and/or limits...What happens on the stage (where everyone is audience and performer) is a poem that is all movement, all tendril, post-narrative and pre-verbal.

a landscape which I never imagined, writhing about on the floor with friends from The Poetry Center....


on Twitter

, where this blog lives now. because it can be read and posted to through that app, one-handed, on my back, by a body of water, or in the cool olive green light above my mattress. This is articulation my spine had not dreamed of before.

My blog lived on Tumblr for a minute

because it is so much easier to access from my phone. fallinginrealtime.tumblr This is the feed. No, I don't like it. I can't add another virtual box. I'll make due with Twitter.

Real Time Archive