Wednesday, April 28, 2010

hawking alien ethics



does it make me a silly naive nonprofit type idealist--to think that the aliens would NOT be mean? is that why I am surprised by Hawking's assertions? because of course the aliens would be mean--that is the realists' conclusion....

note that i am not doubting the existence of said aliens, but whether they would be nice or mean.

is it clear that i am very tired? this is not a joke, folks.

but considering that both Hawkings and i are a kind of political minority that is akin to earth-aliens, it seems in his best interest, to assert/bank on other odds--that aliens will be useful, friendly and all about not obliterating difference.

or is this really about survival? Hawkings theory...when you feel yourself to be the kind of political minority (disabled person, illegal alien, what have you) subject to predation and ignorance (which is a form of becoming prey....)

There is part of me that thinks I am SO tired that I have been fooled and this article is on some kind of site like the Onion, because I am zombie-processing what's on my screen right now....


on Twitter

, where this blog lives now. because it can be read and posted to through that app, one-handed, on my back, by a body of water, or in the cool olive green light above my mattress. This is articulation my spine had not dreamed of before.

My blog lived on Tumblr for a minute

because it is so much easier to access from my phone. fallinginrealtime.tumblr This is the feed. No, I don't like it. I can't add another virtual box. I'll make due with Twitter.

Real Time Archive