Thursday, April 22, 2010

Sex(Abled): Disability Uncensored documentary



dinner at Ananda Fuara with my friend Amanda Hoffman. Pale blue walls with a planar foutnian, saris on elderly white woman, two people across from us talking about transformational consciousness , Sagitarians, etc. Paintings high up on the walls that are tonal, like slides of tissue samples. Amanda made this film about disability and sex with students from the UCB Disabled Students' Union. People, educators, all over the world are contacting her for DVD copies to use in the classroom. Me telling her about Sadie and Petra and Neil, wondering how I can apply film stuff to a documentary poetics of disability....disability poetics means real life, or real time, as a constraint-based method. That dude on the backboard with cervical collar, scene of accident but also the same dude with the cute college facial hair and the girl scaling his wheelchair. a flat, straightforward collision of images.

and other layerings of today:

"you're so great, I can't wait for you to operate" my slow jam in the shower. thanks Kiss Fm.

thinking of Sarah Rosenthal at Quetzal, talking of writing as a a friction, a rubbing. up against the surface of real life. two parallel acts. can't wait to read her new work on the animal!

"Some were chiseled in, some popped out. I felt part of a foot and a leg. The guard took my hand and ran it over the ancient writing and gave me the names of the gods I was feeling," she said. --Courtney Mazzola, blind somatic psychologist/travel writer.

on Twitter

, where this blog lives now. because it can be read and posted to through that app, one-handed, on my back, by a body of water, or in the cool olive green light above my mattress. This is articulation my spine had not dreamed of before.

My blog lived on Tumblr for a minute

because it is so much easier to access from my phone. fallinginrealtime.tumblr This is the feed. No, I don't like it. I can't add another virtual box. I'll make due with Twitter.

Real Time Archive