Friday, September 21, 2012

Flordacana Sept 2012 #3


pea hens will eat corn dogs. there are canebreaks and cotton mouths in the hearts of palm.


" a small spoil island", "an alligator is an anachronism that can eat you." -- Karen Russell, Swamplandia

Weeki Wachee Springs, built on on an Indian burial mound, oldest FL roadside attraction--across the big highway from a Dollar Tree and RV lot.

When I got home after the Springs, it was tepid out. Got in the little pool on the back porch. Overcast sky through the screen; lizards clung to the buggy mesh, throats pulsing. I stood still, in the shallow end for so long (a book propped up on the crumbling deck at chest level) that a thin belt-- the lacing together of minuscule black legs, all akimbo, these dead froglets--ringed my waist.

on Twitter

, where this blog lives now. because it can be read and posted to through that app, one-handed, on my back, by a body of water, or in the cool olive green light above my mattress. This is articulation my spine had not dreamed of before.

My blog lived on Tumblr for a minute

because it is so much easier to access from my phone. fallinginrealtime.tumblr This is the feed. No, I don't like it. I can't add another virtual box. I'll make due with Twitter.

Real Time Archive