Saturday, August 25, 2012

hook me up yo




article in the Atlantic on the [college] hook-up culture and women. But I feel like it also applies to women a decade older and internet dating [ahem].

 http://www.theatlantic.com/magazine/archive/2012/09/boys-on-the-side/309062/3/

"Actually, it is an engine of female progress—one being harnessed and driven by women themselves." or "We’ve landed in an era that has produced a new breed of female sexual creature, one who acknowledges the eternal vulnerability of women but, rather than cave in or trap herself in the bell jar, instead looks that vulnerability square in the face and then manipulates it in unexpected, and sometimes hilarious, ways."

I would argue with some of the ways the writer sums up the scene, but, all in all, a good read. Meanwhile, i am writing a poem about the girl friends I love, they dream of sexualizied dolphins at high altitudes.

on Twitter

, where this blog lives now. because it can be read and posted to through that app, one-handed, on my back, by a body of water, or in the cool olive green light above my mattress. This is articulation my spine had not dreamed of before.

My blog lived on Tumblr for a minute

because it is so much easier to access from my phone. fallinginrealtime.tumblr This is the feed. No, I don't like it. I can't add another virtual box. I'll make due with Twitter.

Real Time Archive