Monday, July 23, 2012

Skoolz in for summer ! (My dad would sing me that song in his old Thudnerbird jalopy on the last day of class, every year, while he drummed wildly on the peeling steering wheel)


Update: Due to many complexities on my part, I will not be speaking at this event, but I urge you to go...in fact, it is a whole week of events!

Thanks to Lauren Levin and the other orgnzrs of the Summer School 2012 event for inviting me to talk/converse/suggest somatic interactions on the idea of "the city" (8/7).  And, the dance party just about puts me over the anticipatory edge.







We want to FREE EDUCATION, MAKE ART, DO ACTIVISM, UNDERSTAND HISTORY, REVOLUTIONIZE DAILY LIFE, TRANSFORM LANGUAGE, and CREATE THE FUTURE.

Monday, August 6th to Friday, August 10th, nightly from 7pm-midnight, workshops, talks, conversations, performances, screenings, trainings, and group movement.

Saturday, August 11, All Day, there will be sessions and actions on the topic 'What is a school?', followed by a party. A dance party!!!

Sunday, August 12th, All Day workshops by anyone, anywhere. (more detail to follow)

In the spirit of Occupy and the long history of experiments in free radical education, we propose a week-long open summer school organized around our urgent political concerns.

Police repression of the Oakland Commune and Occupy movements in the Bay Area; the devastating, on-going increases in tuition at California's public universities; the privatization and closure of our public schools – these only intensify our desire to resist.

In the spirit of necessary struggle and collective education, we hope you'll join us for a week of learning, dreaming, planning, and enacting what's next.

See you in August !

Love & solidarity

The Committee for the Summer School 2012

http://
bayareapublicschool.tumblr.
com/summerschool2012

on Twitter

, where this blog lives now. because it can be read and posted to through that app, one-handed, on my back, by a body of water, or in the cool olive green light above my mattress. This is articulation my spine had not dreamed of before.

My blog lived on Tumblr for a minute

because it is so much easier to access from my phone. fallinginrealtime.tumblr This is the feed. No, I don't like it. I can't add another virtual box. I'll make due with Twitter.

Real Time Archive