Thursday, December 6, 2007

Joseph Cornell at

SF MOMA
Tomorrow, i will go for the first time. I hope to do a project around it with pigeons and the cardboard box detritus of the holidays. I hope to return several times between now and when the show ends on January 6th (between swinging all around the city to get little things for going to Florida for the humid Christmas), I should have started my visits in October.
The interactive Flash site showcases Cornell's work. One gets to actually play the little dream gum machine and build word towers in the crystal cage.Women bob across your screen, paper dolls in the stiff early cinema ballet of a collector's "eterniday". Your cursor makes them faint away to reveal other edges and drawers.

No comments:

on Twitter

, where this blog lives now. because it can be read and posted to through that app, one-handed, on my back, by a body of water, or in the cool olive green light above my mattress. This is articulation my spine had not dreamed of before.

My blog lived on Tumblr for a minute

because it is so much easier to access from my phone. fallinginrealtime.tumblr This is the feed. No, I don't like it. I can't add another virtual box. I'll make due with Twitter.

Real Time Archive